abdera-user mailing list archives

From Chris Berry <chriswbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 14:15:05 GMT
Hmmm.
FYI:  I saw a similar problem with an earlier 0.3. I was mixing the
latest woodstox with Abdera
Or more correctly, maven was bringing in some chained dependencies --
one of which brought in woodstox 3.2.1.
Abdera was using woodstox 2.0.5 at that time.
The problem went away when I corrected this problem....

Note, if this is your problem, you can workaround it with the maven
<exclusions> element
e.g.
         <dependency>
           <groupId>com.whatever</groupId>
           <artifactId>foo</artifactId>
           <version>1.2.3</version>
           <exclusions>
             <exclusion>
               <groupId>org.codehaus.woodstox</groupId>
               <artifactId>wstx-lgpl</artifactId>
             </exclusion>
           </exclusions>
         </dependency>

BTW: this is why I suspect that the Abdera 0.3 UTF-8 issue is related
to the woodstox upgrade....

Cheers,
-- Chris

On Sep 4, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Iops@gmx.de wrote:

> Hi Chris!
>
> Thanks for your feedback!
>
>> This is exactly the bug I am seeing.
>> AFAICT, it is not related to a missing <?xml version="1.0"
>> encoding="UTF-8"?>,
>> Incidentally, my code worked fine before a recent "svn up" and it has
>> no <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>,
>
> If I understand your problem correctly, it occurs, if you parse an
> entry with an AbderaClient (i.e. calling "entry.getContent()"), right?
>
> Mine occurs, if I use an AbderaClient to create an entry on an
> external server, which is btw a proprietary closed-source-thingi.
> The server then gives me the error-message, while he tries to parse
> my request.
>
>> It seems that knowing that another person is seeing the issue
>> confirms that the issue is on Abdera's side...
>
> I'm not sure, if we both encounter the same problem. My problem
> occurs also with the AbderaClient 0.22. Yours occured only after
> updating to 0.30-snapshot, right?
>
> I haven't the slightest idea, whether the problem lies in my code,
> in the abdera-code or even in the server-code.
>
> My next test would be the creation of an atom-entry by hand without
> the AbderaClient and provide an "<?xml version="1.0"
>> encoding="UTF-8"?>" to check how the server reacts.
>
> Regards,
>
> Herbert
>

> --
> GMX FreeMail: 1 GB Postfach, 5 E-Mail-Adressen, 10 Free SMS.
> Alle Infos und kostenlose Anmeldung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freemail

S'all good  ---   chriswberry at gmail dot com