abdera-user mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Modeling Collections of Collections
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:00:38 GMT
I am pondering how to model collections of collections with APP for more
non-blogging oriented applications. For instance, lets say I have a
collection of customers, which have a collection of purchase orders. I
can easily model the customers as a collection. Each entry represents a
customer.

But then what do I do about the purchase orders? The best solution that
I can come up with is that I have another collection for each customer.
Each entry in the collection would then be a purchase order. However,
this has two downsides:
1. There is no great way to go directly from the customer to the
purchase order collection. The best solution I've come up with is
something <link rel="purchase-orders"
href="service/customer-foo/purchase-orders"/>. Not sure if thats a Good
Thing or not.
2. Now my workspace has a gazillion customer/purchase order collections
in it. I probably don't want to list those all out as that would take
forever. The best solution that I've come up with here is to just not
list them and make item #1 be the best way to find the collection.

Thoughts?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse