abdera-user mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set encoding for atom-entries?
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:43:29 GMT
Abdera uses UTF-8 by default.  If you want to use something else, you'd
set it when serializing, e.g.

  OutputStreamWriter w = new OuputStreamWriter(System.out, "utf-16");
  entry.getDocument().setCharset("utf-16");
  entry.getDocument().writeTo(w);

Btw, FWIW, I'd recommend moving up to 0.3.0 if possible.

- James

Iops@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to use an abdera-client-0.22 to create an <entry> on an
> atom-server.
>
> How can I set the appropriate encoding of the <entry>-element and its children
(e.g. <title> or <category>)? I need UTF-8.