abdera-user mailing list archives

From Chris Berry <chriswbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 13:41:44 GMT
This is exactly the bug I am seeing.
AFAICT, it is not related to a missing <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>,
Incidentally, my code worked fine before a recent "svn up" and it has
no <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>,

I have submitted a JUnit to the Abdera JIRA which demonstrates this
problem.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ABDERA-60?
page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

It seems that knowing that another person is seeing the issue
confirms that the issue is on Abdera's side...

Actually, I strongly suspect that it is an issue with woodstox, which
was upgraded recently w/ the latest/greatest Abdera...
Cheers,
-- Chris

On Sep 4, 2007, at 7:23 AM, Iops@gmx.de wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Still hunting after a solution for my problem described in "How to
> set encoding for atom-entries?".
>
> Meanwhile I've found an error message, the server provides, when I
> try to create an Atom-Entry with the abdera-0.22-client.
>
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8
> sequence.
>
> Some googleing gives "...The most likely cause is that the document
> you are uploading specifies that it is in UTF-8 encoding, but that
> it contains non-UTF-8 characters. As UTF-8 is the default character
> set for XML, it might also be the case that the document does not
> specify a character set at all."
>
> Do I have the chance to force the abdera-client to output a line
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> before the created entry-xml of the POST-Request?
>
> Regards,
>
> Herbert
> --
> Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört?
> Der kanns mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger

S'all good  ---   chriswberry at gmail dot com