abdera-user mailing list archives

From I...@gmx.de
Subject Re: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 16:57:16 GMT

> BTW: I ran these XML documents with the supposed invalid chars thru 2
> different UTF-8 conversions as I read them from disk, before putting
> them into the <content>
> And I also processed them with the Unix "iconv" utility
> So I am pretty darn sure that there are no invalid chars in there.

In my case I don't even have any xml-documents, that could have
UTF-8-illegal characters. All the work is done by AbderaClient:

[...]
Abdera abdera = new Abdera();
Client client = new CommonsClient(abdera);
RequestOptions requestOptions = client.getDefaultRequestOptions();
requestOptions.setContentType("application/atom+xml");
Factory factory = Abdera.getNewFactory();
Entry entry = factory.newEntry();
entry.setId("someId", false);
entry.setTitle("some legal UTF-8-Characters");
ClientResponse response = client.post(serverUrl, entry, requestOptions);
[...]
Response ist HTTP 400 - Bad request...