abdera-user mailing list archives

From I...@gmx.de
Subject Re: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 13:59:31 GMT
Hi Chris!

Thanks for your feedback!

> This is exactly the bug I am seeing.
> AFAICT, it is not related to a missing <?xml version="1.0"
> encoding="UTF-8"?>,
> Incidentally, my code worked fine before a recent "svn up" and it has
> no <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>,

If I understand your problem correctly, it occurs, if you parse an entry with an AbderaClient
(i.e. calling "entry.getContent()"), right?

Mine occurs, if I use an AbderaClient to create an entry on an external server, which is btw
a proprietary closed-source-thingi. The server then gives me the error-message, while he tries
to parse my request.

> It seems that knowing that another person is seeing the issue
> confirms that the issue is on Abdera's side...

I'm not sure, if we both encounter the same problem. My problem occurs also with the AbderaClient
0.22. Yours occured only after updating to 0.30-snapshot, right?

I haven't the slightest idea, whether the problem lies in my code, in the abdera-code or even
in the server-code.

My next test would be the creation of an atom-entry by hand without the AbderaClient and provide
an "<?xml version="1.0"
> encoding="UTF-8"?>" to check how the server reacts.

Regards,

Herbert