abdera-user mailing list archives

From I...@gmx.de
Subject Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:23:43 GMT
Hi!

Still hunting after a solution for my problem described in "How to set encoding for atom-entries?".

Meanwhile I've found an error message, the server provides, when I try to create an Atom-Entry
with the abdera-0.22-client.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

Some googleing gives "...The most likely cause is that the document you are uploading specifies
that it is in UTF-8 encoding, but that it contains non-UTF-8 characters. As UTF-8 is the default
character set for XML, it might also be the case that the document does not specify a character
set at all."

Do I have the chance to force the abdera-client to output a line

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

before the created entry-xml of the POST-Request?

Regards,

Herbert