abdera-user mailing list archives

From herbert <i...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to configure AbderaClient to *not* use an Authentication Scheme?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:30:50 GMT

Hi James!

James M Snell wrote:

> Herbert, here's the answer I got back from the Activities folks.
>
> Unfortunately, CommonsClient (AbderaClient in 0.3.0) does not expose a
> method for setting cookies manually like this.  It will retain cookies
> that are returned by the server, however, so if you use Abdera to
> authenticate and get a LTPA cookie back, it should be automatically
> reused.

Thanks for the efforts! I would like to have this "hot wire" to the
activities-team too! ;-)

I can work around the issue by providing RequestOptions like this:
requestOptions.addHeader("Cookie", "LtpaToken="+ltpa);
I don't have to set an authorization-header, so this works well for me.

One thing in your answer slightly irritates me:
Is there a "Apache HttpClient" and a "CommonsClient"?
Where's the difference?

Regards, Herbert