abdera-user mailing list archives

From herbert <i...@gmx.de>
Subject How to configure AbderaClient to *not* use an Authentication Scheme?
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:50:13 GMT

Hi all!

I have some AbderaClient-example-code, running in a Websphere-Portal-6,
posting an atom-entry to a Lotus-Connections-Server.

All runs well, if I use Basic-authentication and so a fixed user, given by
the hardcoded UsernamePasswordCredentials("myuser", "mypass"));

But my target is using the current-portal-user and provide a
single-sign-on-funcionality with LTPA.

How do I have to configure the AbderaClient, to get this working?

If I won't use AbderaClient or HttpClient I just would build a
HTTP-Post-Request, I would not set the
"authorization"-header and would put a Cookie Ltpa in the request, ready.

When using AbderaClient I have the problem, that AbderaClient or HTTPClient
per default thinks,
it has to use Basic-Authentication, if I don't provide an
"authorization"-header.

My current work-around is to set anyone unknown String as an
authorization-header,
so the default-behaviour is omitted. Like:
requestOptions.setAuthorization("SOMENONSENSESTRING");

IMO the resulting request looks good, but the whole thing is not working.

Maybe there is a better way to get AbderaClient and/or HttpClient
working with LTPA as mine described above?

Regards,

Herbert