abdera-user mailing list archives

From herbert <i...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Next "JDK 5.0 vs. JDK 1.4.2"-problem with abdera 0.3.0, "ExceptionInInitializerError"
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:02:38 GMT

Hi James!

James M Snell wrote:

> Hmmm.. are you certain this is a JDK version issue?  Given the error
> trace, it would appear as if there's somekind of classpath issue...

I will just tell you the symptoms:
I have a RAD-7.0-Project, that contains one Test-class, with a little bit
abdera-0.3.0-example-code,
that creates one atom-entry on a server.

This project has got the compiler compliance level 1.4.
If I go to the menu "Java Build Path" in the project's properties-menu, edit
the "JRE System Library" and set it to "jdk, C:\Programme\IBM\SDP70\jdk
(RAD-7.0-default-JVM)", the test-code runs fine.

If I go to the menu "Java Build Path" in the properties-menu, edit the "JRE
System Library" and set it to
"WebSphere Portal v5.1 JRE,
C:\Programme\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v51_stub\java\jre (Portal-5.1-JVM)",
the test-code fails.

I can't imagine that there is some kind of  classpath issue, but one never
knows. ;)

Herbert