abdera-user mailing list archives

From Tyrell Perera <tyr...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Sample code for an Atom Feed reader
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 08:08:29 GMT
I think I wasn't very clear earlier :)

The thing is I already have a working APP implementation capable of
authentication and post/put/delete entries from a given collection.

I want to implement a 'get' for a Feed. The method will accept an atom
feed url and generate a Feed model locally.

My code looks somewhat like the following. I tested with an online feed
as well as a locally stored feed xml. I keep gettin a
org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMExtensibleElement exception.

<code>

org.apache.abdera.parser.Parser parser = hostObject.abdera.getParser();
             URL url = new URL((String) arguments[0]);
             Feed feed = null;
             try {
                 feed = (Feed) parser.parse(url.openStream()).getRoot();
             } catch (IRISyntaxException e) {
                 e.printStackTrace();
             }

</code>