abdera-user mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: xml restricted characters
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:50:14 GMT
The trunk now includes support for filtering out restricted characters
when parsing.  When enabled in ParserOptions, those characters are
ignored completely and never appear within the parsed document.  If you
parse a doc with restricted chars then reserialize, they should not be
present at all.  There currently is no mechanism for filtering out
restricted chars on serialization due to a limitation in the Axiom
serialization code.  I'm looking to resolve that later.  In the
meantime, there is a reader implementation that can do the filtering for
you if you'd like. Look in org.apache.abdera.util.* for the reader.

- James