abdera-user mailing list archives

From Fred <frederic.augu...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with xhtml parser.
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:52:29 GMT
Hello,

I am using "abdera 0.2.2" and I have some performances problem when I am
using the method "Entry.setContentAsXhtml(String)".

My xhtml is composed of 30 elements and I add 1 000 entries in one feed.

I analysed the sources of abdera and I found one problem in the FOMFactory
classe :
 - method :
    public Parser newParser() {
       return new FOMParser();
    }
I patch it with :
    public Parser newParser() {
       return new FOMParser(abdera);
    }

abdera is not an attribute of FOMFactory in the v0.2.2 but it is an
attribute of FOMFactory in the trunk.

With this patch, the excecution time of the method
"Entry.setContentAsXhtml(String)"
is better. In fact, create a new Abdera instance is very costly.

Could you check if this patch is good ? If yes, could you apply it in the
next version of abdera ?

Regards,
Frédéric