abdera-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Adam Constabaris <a...@clownsinmycoffee.net>
Subject Re: Building the trunk
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:30:48 GMT
I'm seeing this too.  I notice that the ant build doesn't run any tests 
in the server module, while Maven does; that's possibly why this doesn't 
show up for ant users.

I got some distance with tracking down the problem, but life intervened. 
  So here's the (relevant, IMO) parts of the stack trace:

java.lang.NullPointerException
         at 
org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.ServiceManager.newServiceContext(Se
rviceManager.java:69)

NPE is thrown by the final line of the following snippet:

=== ServiceManager ===

ServiceContext context =
       (ServiceContext) ServiceUtil.newInstance(
         SERVICE_CONTEXT,
         (instance != null) ?
           instance :
           DefaultServiceContext.class.getName(),
         abdera);
     log.debug(Messages.format("INITIALIZING.INSTANCE", "ServiceContext"));
     context.init(abdera, properties);

=====================

I got this far: instance, which should be the name of the implementing 
class, is null, so we should be getting a DefaultServiceContext 
instance, but that doesn't happen.  The ServiceUtil.newInstance method 
silently returns null, and that's where I had to stop looking; I'm not 
sure whether it should throw an exception of some sort here, or whether 
the client code in ServiceManager should check.


AC






Rob Evans wrote:

> Lastly, I've been seeing build failures. I'll try to track down the
> root cause and, if its really a problem with the codebase and not my
> build system, I'll submit a bug.
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------
> T E S T S
> -------------------------------------------------------
> Running org.apache.abdera.test.server.UtilityTest
> Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.344
> sec <<< FAILURE!
> 
> Results :
> 
> Tests in error:
>  testServiceManager(org.apache.abdera.test.server.UtilityTest)
>  testRegexTargetResolver(org.apache.abdera.test.server.UtilityTest)
>  testSubjectResolver(org.apache.abdera.test.server.UtilityTest)
> 
> Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0
> 
> [INFO] 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
> [INFO] 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] There are test failures.
> [INFO] 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
> [INFO] 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Total time: 1 minute 49 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Thu Jul 26 11:05:13 PDT 2007
> [INFO] Final Memory: 12M/29M
> [INFO] 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> robevans@robevans-wxp01 ~/workspaces/abdera/abdera.trunk
> $ mvn install


Mime
View raw message