abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Moseley" <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: supporting multiple Providers
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:05:41 GMT

> Hmm... not sure how I feel about this.  Then again, I'm not sure how I
> feel about the current Provider interface in general.

i feel pretty good about it. i like the pattern i've developed of one
provider class per resource type, with the provider chosen based on
the target class.

i did notice that some of my providers leave several methods
unimplemented. i wonder if, instead of using an interface for
providers, we could just use pojos, and somehow indicate to the
request handler which pojo methods are meant to be used for which http
method+target type combinations - maybe with annotations?

dunno that it really matters. i'm pretty satisfied with what we've got now.

> Hmmm.. could be interesting.  I was never able to find a great way of
> handling the last-modified and etag stuff outside the provider.

i'll kick down a patch in the next day or two for you to poke holes in.