abdera-user mailing list archives

From Adam Constabaris <a...@clownsinmycoffee.net>
Subject Re: Controlling serialization w/extensions
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:18:54 GMT
James M Snell wrote:

<snip>
>> This symptom suggests that there's a bug in the serializer somewhere
>> ("I've already output a declaration for those, so I don't need to do it
>> again"), but the successful unit tests don't fit with that diagnosis.
>>

> Which Stax parser are you using, btw?

Don't know why I didn't think of looking there; server was using StAX
from JDK 1.6.0 and the unit tests were using Woodstox.  I since verified
trying both parsers w/AXIOM offline, and the StAX implementation appears
to be the key difference.

I've filed this with AXIOM
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSCOMMONS-175) (it may or may not
be "their fault" -- I don't have time to dig into the StAX
implementations -- but they may want to implement a fix).  Either way, I
suppose the issue is relevant for anybody deploying Abdera w/1.6.0  --
watch your StAX implementation, or make sure to add all your
declarations to the root element.

cheers,

AC