abdera-user mailing list archives

From Adam Constabaris <a...@clownsinmycoffee.net>
Subject Creating "Arbitrary" XML Content
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 01:23:00 GMT
I'd like to write clients that generate entries with DocBook content.
Following the examples and the API documentation, the most
straightforward-looking approach to this end seems to be something like
this:

String contentString = // let's imagine a string fulla XML
Entry e = factory.newEntry();
// set a bunch of other properties
e.setContent( contentString, Content.Type.XML );

I've tried this, and several variations on it (setting a MimeType
directly, etc.), and the content's always null, or, if I get a Writer
and serialize the entry, I get an empty content element.  These results
were the same with the pre-0.2.0 trunk, the post 0.2.0 trunk, and the
0.2.0 branch.

So, I ask:

1) is this supported yet?
2) where would I start scratching this itch if the answer to (1) is no?

On a related note (leaving aside the application/xml question) is there
(yet) some mechanism for generating Content objects from files other
than by reading the file's contents into a string and calling
setContentAsXhtml() (e.g.)?  If I wanted to add support for taking an
AXIOM (or other XML object model), or an InputStream and set the content
directly from that, where would I start with that?

cheers,

AC