abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Koch <tho...@koch.ro>
Subject Re: parse/build in the same classes
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:21:55 GMT
After another day with abdera, it seems to me that there might be one design
decission of Abdera that might be worth a reconsideration.

Currently, parsing and building of feeds is handled by the same classes.
In practice, I'm either a producer or a consumer of a feed. I seldom want to
modify a feed I've parsed or parse the feed I've just built.

Even if I'd like, there could be methods to switch, like

AbderaElementBuilder.build() : AbderaElement
AbderaElement.Builder : AbderaElementBuilder

The first method is obviously necessary to make us of a feed I've just built.

So if'd just have the time, I'd refactor Abdera and clearly seperate both use
cases.

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro