abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Koch <tho...@koch.ro>
Subject featuritis, mutability, docs, inheritance madness
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:31:32 GMT
Hi,

sorry for being blunt, but just for reference and opinion seeking, I wanted to
write down my impressions after working another full day with abdera after a
longer break.

- featuritis: I don't think the user really appreciates if a method can be
called with a dozen different types of arguments. I'm happy to convert every
date to a Joda DateTime, every author to a Person object or any link to an
IRI, if the javadocs get just a bit more concise and comprehensible.

- docs: <Empty />

- mutability: After peeking a bit in guava and functional programming I just
can't stand any setter method anymore.

- inheritance: I've already mentioned this but it caught me again today. It's
very hard to try understanding Abdera, because there are just so many classes
and interfaces with similar names in a big hierarchy. It's definitely not
KISS.

Nevertheless thank you for Abdera! I still think it'll help me a lot getting
my thesis project done in time.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro