abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Koch <tho...@koch.ro>
Subject Exploring Abdera2
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 21:11:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm just exploring abdera, starting directly with abdera2 for a groupware ReST
API[1]. I really like that you use good building blocks (Joda Time, Guava).
Somebody asked that Abdera2 should be released better sooner then later.

However there still seems to be some edges that could be smoothed now while
the API breaks anyway. Why not release a kind of preview, with a warning that
the API is not yet final?

How is your process for abdera2? Do I need to fill jira issues and attach
patches or would you pull contributions from a Git repo? (Did you notice that
the last abdera2 commit in the Git mirror is from September 20th? Would you
mind asking Jukkaz via build@a.o?)

Would you accept patches for:
- Javadocs
- Some more Guava goodies: Immutable collections, Objects.equal
- Immutability, use Builders instead of Setters
- Remove some @SurpressWarnings and fix the Warnings
- There are some "Map<String, Object> parameters" which seems to only ever
contain Strings. It feels odd not to have type safety there. But I don't yet
fully understand those.

[1] https://github.com/thkoch2001/bachelor-thesis

Being called to bed now... :-)

Best regards,