abdera-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Abdera2 to Trunk
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 10:09:37 GMT
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 10:55 PM, James Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> All... I would like to propose that the current trunk be tagged where
> it is and that Abdera2 be made the new trunk. Additional maintenance
> updates can continue to be made to the Abdera 1.x stream as necessary.
> Here's my +1.
>
> - James

Presently Abdera 1.x has trunk, branches and tags folders at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/abdera/java/, and Abdera 2.x is at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/abdera/abdera2/.

Couldn't we just create new  trunk, branches and tags folders under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/abdera/abdera2 and move the current
code there into its trunk? That way all the 1.x stuff remains
unchanged and so doesn't break any URL links to it that people might
have and we can continue with the 2.x dev and releases at the new
location?

   ...ant