abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject To Guice or not To Guice
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:07:18 GMT
Ok... so there's one final remaining major issue I have with Abdera2..
and that's configuration. Currently, Abdera2 uses the same fairly slow
classpath based configuration and discovery mechanism used by Abdera
1.x. There have been a number of performance improvements, but in
general, discovery of extensions (for instance) is still done by
crawling the classpath looking for files under META-INF/services and
initializing things that way. Obviously, this doesn't jive well with
more modern approaches using injection (guice). That said, however, it
would be a major update to introduce Guice into Abdera and would
likely result in a number of extensive changes throughout the code...
That said, however, there have already been extensive changes
throughout the code so having another wouldn't hurt. This would likely
be the final major update if I decide to proceed but I wanted to
solicit feedback from the community.