abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Abdera 1.1.3 RC1
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:54:14 GMT
In previous releases there were issues with the OSGi integration, such
as ABDERA-281. Apparently, this pushed ServiceMix to repackage Abdera
and to provide their own custom bundle(s). They did that in an
incorrect way and were then forced to repackage Axiom as well. That
really pisses me off because their "rogue" Axiom bundle violates some
basic design principles behind Axiom; see SMX4-877. Shouldn't we take
the time to add a minimal test case to Abdera to ensure the quality of
the OSGi bundles, so that we don't give any excuse to ServiceMix to
produce custom bundles?

I recently overhauled the Axiom OSGi tests (using Pax Exam) and I'm
ready to set up a test module for Abdera, but I need somebody who
volunteers to write some test code (that executes some basic Abdera
features to check that the bundles work).

Andreas