abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Olve Hansen <olv...@gmail.com>
Subject Suggestions to how to fix ABDERA-290
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 08:23:55 GMT

Earlier I reported this issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ABDERA-290

I have these problems because our application lives in an environment where
we don't control all of our dependencies. I would think that a jump in a
minor version should be OK. But in Abdera it is not it seems. I see that the
change in Axis is in the API, not in the implementation, so there could be a
discussion if this is an api-change in a minor release in Axis.

I have tried to look into the issue my self, but I was not able to in my
limited time, so I hope someone in the Abdera community could help me? Worst
case I would have to drop using Abdera to generate json-feeds.

The axiom change that caused this problem was:
https://github.com/apache/webservices-axiom/commit/f8789598f36f1cfe18ecc6592eaf7a233d5ccf8d

The problem in Abdera is that it subclasses the axiom-implementation
iterators, mainly
    public class FOMExtensionIterator extends OMChildrenIterator
and
    public class FOMElementIterator extends OMChildrenIterator

Can anyone help to get me going on this? In worst case it need not to be an
official release, I could create a company-local version for this fix only.

-----
--
 Olve Hansen