abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Meyer <R...@gatherinc.com>
Subject Bug with HTML and TEXT content types on org.apache.abdera.model.Content?
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:32:42 GMT
We are using the Abdera client software to transfer html documents to a
client¹s server.

In creating a Content object I have attempted to set the content type to
both TEXT and HTML and have run into an issue with each.

When I set the content type to HTML only the Œ<Œ char of the include html
ends up being HTML encoded, so <p> ends up like this &lt;p>
It should be encode like this though &lt;p&gt;

Actually when I set the content type to TEXT I get the exact same behavior.
So if the text includes <p> what ends up being sent out is &lt;p>

Now if I HTML encode the content myself, then the & character ends up being
double encoded. So what I end up with is &amp;lt;p&amp;gt;
It does this if I set the Content objects content type to HTML or TEXT.

I would expect the this last case to occur with HTML since that should be
HTML encoding the data anyways, but not for TEXT.

I started using the latest release version of Abdera (1.1) and have now
downloaded the latest source and built that myself and both versions have
the same behavior.

Is it possible to resolve this issue immediately? Otherwise we may have to
scrap Abdera and find another solution.

Here is an example of what was being sent:

<entry
Chinese Executives for Honey Smuggling</title><content type="text">&lt;p>For
many people with psoriasis, finding safe and effective treatments can be an
ever-moving target. There's no cure or universal fix, people respond
differently to treatment options, and even when you find a medication - or a
combination of them - that works, it may only be effective for a period of
time or may need to be stopped to avoid potentially damaging side
effects.&lt;/p>&lt;p>"There are a lot of treatments out there and they are
quite effective, but often they stop being effective," says Dr. Mark
Lebwohl, chair of the department of dermatology at Mount Sinai Medical
Center in New York City. "There isn't one treatment over a lifetime,