abdera-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where did the 1.0-SNAPSHOT go for abdera-i18n ?!?
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 21:21:36 GMT
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Josh Gordineer <joshgord@gmail.com> wrote:
> Our project used to depend on the following location but I see that it has
> been removed:
>
> http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/abdera/abdera-i18n/1.0-SNAPSHOT/abdera-i18n-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
>
> We had a patch for a piece of functionality that was not working as defined
> by the URI templates  (We've previously submitted a bug for this to be fixed
> but doesn't look like it has been in 1.1 We had also asked for that to be
> fixed in the next release which does not look like it is fixed either - I
> can forward that info if you are interested).
>
> My question is why would the 1.0 snapshot be deleted which would force
> people to upgrade to the latest (1.1) even though (such as in our case)
> there are reasons why you would not want to upgrade.
>
> Thanks..
> Josh

I don't know for sure what happened but i do know that "they" do
delete old snapshots sometimes, otherwise the snapshot repo would
become enormous. So perhaps that one was just deleted as 1.0 has been
release and the snapshot repo now has 1.1 snapshots.

We're about to do a 1.1 release, i'd be very happy to try to get
whatever fix or patch you have into that so you can depend on a
reliable non-snapshot release - what is the JIRA for the bug you have
reported?

   ...ant