abdera-dev mailing list archives

From ck <ch.ko...@googlemail.com>
Subject Unit Test Refactoring
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 21:26:34 GMT
Hi guys,

I would like to refactor and extend the Unit tests, as I think this
would create a solid fundament for any major refactoring or addition
of new features.
This includes the following steps:
- remove all occurences of "extends TestCase" an replace them with
annotations if necessary
- remove all occurences of "extends Assert" and replace them with
static imports of assert*
- fix ABDERA-102 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ABDERA-102)
- remove Testsuites (don't see for what they are needed anymore?)
- remove unnecessary try/catches (example
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/abdera/java/trunk/security/src/test/java/org/apache/abdera/test/security/filter/SecurityFilterTest.java?revision=723328&view=markup)
- reorder Test classes where necessary so that their structure is
analog to the source classes
- add further tests
- update test dependencies

This means a lot of long patches with only minor functional changes. I
already added some patches
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ABDERA-102,
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@abdera.apache.org/msg00291.html), but
most of them where not committed. Would be great if I could hear your
opinion to this approach.

regards

ck