abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing the 1.0 release artifacts
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 02:01:15 GMT
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:37 AM, ant elder <antelder@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks for replying. I did find the old vote threads, the license
> issue was a question on the copyrights in the NOTICE file, I've had a
> look and I don't think there's any issue - not all copyrights need to
> be included its only required third-party notices that are necessary,
> and they seem ok. So it should be fine to publish those artifacts.
> I'll wait for a while to see if anyone else comments.

I believe there were various enhancements applied to trunk after the
release was started (see [1]). as this is a 1.0 release, would it be
better to get these changes and start a new vote ?

I also think that the legal files should be reviewed, there seems to
be issues as described in [2], but there seems to be other issue as
well (e.g jaxen-LICENSE.txt is a ASL 2.0 license, and the license.txt
inside javen-1.1.1.jar is a BSD like one).

[1] http://markmail.org/message/qnk6xo2e5eqtuyia
[2] http://markmail.org/message/vb2s6gay4dfqxnbt

--
Luciano Resende