abdera-dev mailing list archives

From jasn...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Buildbot testing Abdera
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 15:09:37 GMT
I noticed build failures yesterday but simply ran out of time yesterday to get em resolved.
I plan on shoring everything up again this morning.

I will take a look at the buildbot stuff and weigh in on it soon.

- James
------Original Message------
From: Gavin
To: dev@abdera.apache.org
Cc: gavin@16degrees.com.au
ReplyTo: dev@abdera.apache.org
Subject: Buildbot testing Abdera
Sent: May 4, 2009 7:45 PM

Hi Abdera folks.

As part of introducing Buildbot into Apache as a build tool, I had chosen
Abdera (along with many others) as a test project.

I have been testing projects and once configurations were correct etc the
intent was to move them over to the Apache Buildbot instance. This I had
done with Abdera.

Where it once passed :-

http://build01.16degrees.com.au:8020/builders/abdera-trunk/builds/2

http://build01.16degrees.com.au:8020/builders/abdera-trunk/builds/2/steps/co
mpile/logs/stdio

Now fails and I have to force the build to cancel as it gets stuck :-
(these on my test server)

http://build01.16degrees.com.au:8020/builders/abdera-trunk/builds/3

http://build01.16degrees.com.au:8020/builders/abdera-trunk/builds/3/steps/co
mpile/logs/stdio

and confirmed on the ASF Buildbot instance :-

http://ci.apache.org/builders/abdera-trunk/builds/6

http://ci.apache.org/builders/abdera-trunk/builds/6/steps/compile/logs/stdio

So, I have some questions.

1. Obviously James work from 771442 onwards has triggered the build and
caused the fail. Can you tell from the logs if it is anything I need to
change on the build side of things to get it to pass again, or is it
something your end? (let me know if I can provide more info)

2. Now that initial testing is over and Buildbot is now a tool in use at
Apache that all projects can use (http://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html), does
Abdera feel they could make use of Buildbot? If so are the current tests
running enough for now and what else would you like to be able to do in the
near future? (I can then set it up so that build failures go to this dev
list, I can also set up an IRC abdera bot where you can trigger builds
manually amongst other useful things)

If not please let me know so I can remove Abdera from Buildbot.

Please include me on the cc list as I am not subbed to this list (though I
will keep an eye on the archives.) There is also a dedicated
builds@apache.org list where any abdera devs can join to keep abreast of all
build related talk at Apache, in particular it is a great place to talk
about build configurations and/or problems/ideas with build services.

Let me know what you think,

thanks!

Gav...