abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Ward Harold" <wkhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Eclipse compile errors [0.4.0]
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 00:54:27 GMT
Abdera 0.4.0 builds fine on my Mac with the latest version of Maven. When I
import it into Eclipse, however, I get two compile errors in the
abdera-parser project. In FOMElement.java I get:

The return type is incompatible with Element.setText(String),
OMElementImpl.setText(String)

and in FOMProcessingInstruction I get:

The return type is incompatible with
ProcessingInstruction.setTarget(String),
OMProcessingInstructionImpl.setTarget(String)

It appears that the source of the problem is that setText/setTarget are
defined in different ways in the one of the super classes and an interface
being implemented. The batch compiler may be letting something go that the
Eclipse compiler objects to - I've always understood that differing return
types isn't enough to distinguish two methods.

--
... WkH