abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][IMPORTANT] Abdera release 1.0, take 2
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:23:05 GMT
My understanding is that the notice file should mention/inherit the
copyright notices from dependency jars, and I have looked in each jar
to come up with these notices and described them in [1].

The current release have things like :

This product includes/uses software(s) developed by 'an unknown organization'
  - htmlparser (http://about.validator.nu/htmlparser/)

Compared to:

This product includes/uses htmlparser (http://about.validator.nu/htmlparser/)
 * Copyright (c) 2005, 2006, 2007 Henri Sivonen
 * Copyright (c) 2007-2008 Mozilla Foundation
 * Portions of comments Copyright 2004-2007 Apple Computer, Inc., Mozilla
 * Foundation, and Opera Software ASA.
 * Copyright (c) 2001-2003 Thai Open Source Software Center Ltd
 * All rights reserved.
 * Copyright (c) 2000, 2006, 2008 Ian Hickson and various contributors

Axiom is  still missing it's copyright notices

The distribution is missing notice from the axiom libraries
(axiom-api-1.2.5.jar, axiom-impl-1.2.5.jar)
This product includes software developed by
Portions Copyright 2006 International Business Machines Corp.

Jaxen is still missing it's copyright notices

This product includes/uses Jaxen 1.1.1 (http://jaxen.codehaus.org/)
Copyright 2003-2006 The Werken Company. All Rights Reserved.

What others think about these issues ?

[1] http://markmail.org/message/vb2s6gay4dfqxnbt

--
Luciano Resende