abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Abdera 1.0
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 18:32:21 GMT
-1 as I have seen various issues related to missing notices in NOTICE
file that I think should be corrected before releasing. See also [1]

The distribution is missing notice from the axiom libraries
(axiom-api-1.2.5.jar, axiom-impl-1.2.5.jar)

This product includes software developed by

   Portions Copyright 2006 International Business Machines Corp.

Missing notice from HTML Parser dependency (htmlparser-1.0.5)

This product includes/uses htmlparser (http://about.validator.nu/htmlparser/)

 * Copyright (c) 2005, 2006, 2007 Henri Sivonen

 * Copyright (c) 2007-2008 Mozilla Foundation

 * Portions of comments Copyright 2004-2007 Apple Computer, Inc., Mozilla

 * Foundation, and Opera Software ASA.

 * Copyright (c) 2001-2003 Thai Open Source Software Center Ltd

 * All rights reserved.

 * Copyright (c) 2000, 2006, 2008 Ian Hickson and various contributors

Missing notice for Jetty

This product includes/uses the Jetty Servlet Engine (http://jetty.mortbay.org),

developed by Mort Bay Consulting  (http://www.mortbay.com)

Missing notice from JAXEN

This product includes/uses Jaxen 1.1.1 (http://jaxen.codehaus.org/)

   Copyright 2003-2006 The Werken Company. All Rights Reserved.

Other minor issues:

   - I couldn't verify signatures as they were not available.
   - Did anyone run RAT on the release artifacts ?
   - Abdera doesn't need a DISCLAIMER file mentioning incubation
anymore. This is still available in the distribution and all abdera
jars.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-notice

--
Luciano Resende