abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE][IMPORTANT] Abdera release 1.0, take 2
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:10:59 GMT
On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:

> Axiom is  still missing it's copyright notices
>
> The distribution is missing notice from the axiom libraries
> (axiom-api-1.2.5.jar, axiom-impl-1.2.5.jar)
> This product includes software developed by
> The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
> Portions Copyright 2006 International Business Machines Corp.
>
> Jaxen is still missing it's copyright notices
>
> This product includes/uses Jaxen 1.1.1 (http://jaxen.codehaus.org/)
> Copyright 2003-2006 The Werken Company. All Rights Reserved.
>

> What others think about these issues

FWIW, Jaxen doesn't distributed a NOTICE file in their releases, our
release includes their LICENSE file, so I don't see why we should be
required to jump through hoops to document that info in our NOTICE.
If they had a NOTICE file we would be doing so, but they don't.

Not sure about Axiom.  They appear to have a NOTICE.txt in the jar, so
perhaps the contents should be in our NOTICE.

-garrett