abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "David Calavera" <david.calav...@gmail.com>
Subject Abdera elements, axiom and the pain. AKA ABDERA-194: FOMXPath selectNodes() accepts a Base argument but requires an Axiom object to work properly
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:20:47 GMT
Hi, I'm working in this issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ABDERA-194, and I'd like to discuss my
solution because I'm not sure if it's the best one.

The problem was that the classes that extend ElementWrapper don't extend the
Axiom methods to enable XPath navigation and json serialization.

My solution. Now ElementWrapper extends OMElementImpl but I had to modify
some methods due to getting conflicts with the Axiom api. So, some methods
in the media extension called "getType" are now called "getMediaType", and a
method called "getType" in the openSearch extension is now called
"getUrlType".

If nobody disagrees and proposes a better way to solve the bug I'll commit
my changes tomorrow morning.

Cheers