abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Berry <chriswbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:50:59 GMT
Only one question. Has anyone run Abdera 0.4.X through a serious load/
stability test?
I ask this because we are still on 0.3.0 which had some very large
memory leaks that we've patched (and sent info about to Abdera).
And we have not yet upgraded to 0.4.X because we were waiting for it
to stabilize and most bugs to get expunged.
But mostly because upgrading will not be trivial as the API changed a
great deal between 0.3 and 0.4.
Given this history, it might be prudent that Abdera get that sort of
test prior to 1.0 ?
We would do it, but as I said, are still at 0.3.0. (And one should use
a relatively real world app to load test with)

All that said, we are very eager to see the graduation, which should
indicate that the API is relatively fixed.
Thanks,
-- Chris

http://www.atomserver.org

On Oct 27, 2008, at 9:30 AM, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> Does anyone see any reason we shouldn't ask the incubator to vote on
> our graduation?  We've got plenty of committers (in various states of
> activity, but still, plenty), we're a diverse community, we have no
> legal issues that I'm aware of, and I think we're just fine as far as
> becoming our own top level project.  Honestly, at this point if we're
> not ready we never will be and we might as well just pack up and go
> home.
>
> Any thoughts?  If there are no objections I'll put together a mail to
> the incubator general list.
>
> -garrett

S'all good  ---   chriswberry at gmail dot com