abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Becker <dan.o.bec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Null JSON Writer returned from Writer Factory
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 18:47:20 GMT
Dan Becker wrote:
> I am attempting to write an Abdera Entry object out as a JSON object
> using Abdera 0.4. I am using the following code:
>
>    Abdera abdera = new Abdera();
>    WriterFactory wf = abdera.getWriterFactory();
>    Writer json = wf.getWriter("json");
>    feedEntry.writeTo(json, System.out);
>
> The third line here returns a null Writer object. When I debug a little
> into the WriterFactory, I see it contains a HashMap with only one object
> in there for the "prettyxml" key.
>
> Is there some other initialization or configuration of Abdera I should
> do to enable the json Writer? Tips are apprciated.

Ahh, after further snooping I see the issue. I am running in Eclipse
with explicit pointers to some but not all of the Abdera lib jars. After
adding abdera-extensions-main and abdera-extensions-json, the extensions
are registered, and available to my code. All now works as intended.

--
Thanks, Dan Becker