abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: August Board Report Due on Wednesday
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:11:21 GMT
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 8:32 AM, David Calavera
<david.calavera@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, these months we've fixed a lot of bugs, we've improved the openSearch
> support with a new complete implementation and we already support the
> AtomPub-multipart-creation draft:
>

> http://atompub-mulitpart-spec.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/draft-gregorio-atompub-multipart-02.txt
>
> Jim and I are new committers and we've also had important contributions
> during these months.
>
> I think our plan for graduating should be: finish the documentation, improve
> the routes support, improve the provided adapters support(properties files
> are so old school stuff XD), and solve some controversial bugs that are
> annotated into the jira.
>
> I'm not sure if this is enough. Can anyone add something more?

Well, I agree with everything you said except the graduation part.
You seem to be saying that graduation is based on some sort of
abstract idea of technical readiness, when in reality that's not the
case at all.  The main issues keeping Abdera from graduating have
always been community based, i.e. a lack of active developers.
Technically you need three committers who don't work for the same
company, although having three *currently active* committers is
better.  Now that you and Jim are active, we've really met that mark
in my opinion.  I'd say that we're at approximately the level of
community involvement that we've been shooting for and we are hoping
to bring the issue to a vote in the incubator sometime in the next
month.  Any more waiting is just pointless.  The technical work needed
to hit a good 1.0 release can just as well happen in our own TLP as it
can in the incubator.

-garrett