abdera-dev mailing list archives

From pratimat <ptummala...@yahoo.com>
Subject Issue running AbderaServer on Glassfish
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2008 15:44:53 GMT

Hello All,

I have been having a few issues with the sample Abdera server (Employee)
which came w/ downloading 0.4.0. As you all know, that server is setup to
run w/ Jetty. I am trying to modify this server and have it run on Glassfish
instead of Jetty, but I am having some issues. I would appreciate any
help/feedback.

ISSUE: When I try to run my application, the abdera server is not really
getting started. What am I doing wrong or have I missed out something? When
I run my client I get the following
ERROR: java.lang.ClassCastException:
rg.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMExtensibleElement

 This is what I have done so far:

1> Created a web application in Netbeans to run on the Glassfish server.
2> I have modified the web.xml according to the deployment descriptor on the
website.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app id="WebApp_ID" version="2.4"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
  <servlet id="abdera">
    <servlet-name>AbderaServlet</servlet-name>
   <!--
<servlet-class>org.apache.abdera.example.EmployeeProviderServlet</servlet-class>
-->
   <servlet-class>server.EmployeeProviderServlet</servlet-class>

    </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping id="abdera-mapping">
    <servlet-name>AbderaServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/atom/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

3> Instead of the default Provider, i wanted to use the Custom Provider, so
i have created a customprovider.java where I have set my TargetResolver and
TargetBuilder
4> I have also created servelet EmployeeProviderServlet and instantiated the
custom provider in here.
5> Compiled and ran the application.

Thanks
Pratima