abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring AbstractProvider to make it open for extension
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 21:59:05 GMT
On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 5:03 PM, David Calavera <david.calavera@gmail.com>
wrote:

> well, I don't agree that provider should server non atom documents

This is actually one of the issues I see with Abdera long term. Abdera
should not be a new HTTP server/client framework. We should provide AtomPub
services over an existing one... Nothing has really emerged at a higher
level (other than servlets) as a dominant player though. Restlet is a
candidate but it has its weakness.

In the mean time I think we do have to serve non atom documents as there are
just too many edge cases like OpenSearch.

Dan

--
Dan Diephouse