abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "David Primmer" <david.prim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: urlFor in RouteManager does not let you null out vars
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 21:10:46 GMT
I was thinking that if you passed in null, the urlFor would not
replace any of your tokens. But on the other hand, this behavior lets
you get a url by just sending in one arg: the route name.

I'm not sure off the top of my head how the Ruby and Python Routes
libs handle this. It is hard to know what users would expect but at a
minimum it should be in a code comment. As it is, if I have two tokens
in my route and I only one one of them to be replaced with the request
var, i can get this by sending in a map with only one of the params
set to null for the one i don't want and the other one will magically
get resolved. Seems a little to implicit to me.

davep