abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Abdera in a Confluence plugin
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 06:01:57 GMT
The rationale for the existing design is that, for the majority of
cases, the context class loader is simply the Right Class Loader.  In
WebSphere, for instance, class loaders are hierarchical.  Using the
contet class loader ensures that even if the abdera jars are deployed to
the server libs, and therefore loaded by the server's class loader, each
webapp can still have it's own set of extensions in their respective
classpaths.  The hierarchy works it all out.

- James