abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Abdera in a Confluence plugin
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 14:00:16 GMT

On May 13, 2008, at 3:07 PM, Ugo Cei wrote:

> [Replying to myself, as usual ;) ]
>
> On May 13, 2008, at 2:57 PM, Ugo Cei wrote:
>
>> I'm currently trying to use Abdera 0.4.0 for generating Atom feeds
>> from an Atlassian Confluence plugin. I suspect there are some
>> classloader issues when using Abdera in this scenario, because if
>> I use the following typical idiom:
>>
>> abdera = new Abdera();
>> Feed feed = abdera.newFeed();
>>
>> I get an NPE due to the fact that abdera.getFactory() returns
>> null. Apparently the ServiceUtils class is not finding classes to
>> load.
>
> I suspect this could be the same issue as ABDERA-155, at least the
> symptoms are the same. Now, since ABDERA-155 was fixed yesterday by
> James, do we publish snaphsot builds on a Maven repo somewhere?

Using locally built 0.5.0 snapshot build, now I get the following:

  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:292)
caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
  at org.apache.abdera.Abdera.(Abdera.java:81)
caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
  at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance
(LogFactoryImpl.java:532)
caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
  at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor
(LogFactoryImpl.java:416)
caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
  at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor
(LogFactoryImpl.java:412)

Don't know whether to blame CLogging or Confluence ;(

	Ugo