abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "David Primmer" <david.prim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dynamic collections
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:28:02 GMT
I also had this same issue when the collections are dynamic and would
generate a practically unusable service doc.

/blabla/:collection/:entry

There's now way that I know of to create a service doc for this feed
if :collection is one of a large number records in a database. Why
would anyone use the service doc it if it was more than just a
handful? Service docs need to contain real working links, not uri
templates.

Abdera's method of creating service docs is to call getHref for each
adapter that is added to the workspace. However, when an adapter
handles getHref, it is generating one url, not generating all the
entries in a feed. It can only return one url and that's going to be
some form of template. Does it make sense to offer another
implementation of AbstractProvider.getServiceDocument?

davep

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:28 AM, M Harris <mdangel78@yahoo.com> wrote:
> How can one create dynamic collections with Abdera and create the service document?
Perhaps, a hierarchy. Instead of having a single static collection defined, the user can create
their own collections.  How would one create a collection?  Should they post a collection
element or atom entry?