abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Gendron" <r...@arrova.ca>
Subject DELETE of inexisting resource... weak api
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 18:27:01 GMT
Hi all,

GET and PUT properly handle an invalid resource request and return a 404.

However, the way the delete is handled in AbstractEntityCollectionAdapter
does not allow the implementation to indicate that a 404 should be returned.

Currently, all I can do is throw an exception and have Abdera return an
error or (this is what I do), still return a 204 if the entry does not
exist.

Maybe void AbstractEntityCollectionAdapter.deleteEntry(String,
RequestContext) should be refactored to either return a Boolean or an
EmpyResponseContext.

Should I enter a JIRA?

Thanks again for the great work!

Rémy