abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dynamic collections
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:33:43 GMT
In the Lotus Connections blogs implementation, I subclassed the Provider
and re-implemented the code that provided the service document.  I have
a EntityProvider implementation that writes out the service document.

- James

David Primmer wrote:
> I also had this same issue when the collections are dynamic and would
> generate a practically unusable service doc.
>
> /blabla/:collection/:entry
>
> There's now way that I know of to create a service doc for this feed
> if :collection is one of a large number records in a database. Why
> would anyone use the service doc it if it was more than just a
> handful? Service docs need to contain real working links, not uri
> templates.
>
> Abdera's method of creating service docs is to call getHref for each
> adapter that is added to the workspace. However, when an adapter
> handles getHref, it is generating one url, not generating all the
> entries in a feed. It can only return one url and that's going to be
> some form of template. Does it make sense to offer another
> implementation of AbstractProvider.getServiceDocument?
>
> davep
>
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:28 AM, M Harris <mdangel78@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> How can one create dynamic collections with Abdera and create the service document?
 Perhaps, a hierarchy. Instead of having a single static collection defined, the user can
create their own collections.  How would one create a collection?  Should they post a collection
element or atom entry?