abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "David Calavera" <david.calav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Volunteer to help with Confluence?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:49:54 GMT
Hi,

I've stated to work on the abdera site. firstly, I've created a new space
into confluence called "Apache Abdera Website", I've copied the apache
directory website and I've added all privileges to Dan and James.

The main page:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ABDERAxWEBSITE/Index

The navigator bar:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ABDERAxWEBSITE/Navigation

Now, I'm going to need some help. I don't know what content should I incude
into de main page and into the navigation bar. Moreover I'm searching how to
see the complete page but I don't know how to do it.

Can anyone help me?

Regards

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Dan Diephouse <dan.diephouse@mulesource.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> skills really. :-) I'm sure if someone wanted to contribute some logo ideas
> everyone would gladly mull them over!
>
> Dan
>

> David Calavera wrote:
>
> Yep, it makes sense. My jira id is "david.calavera".
>
> Btw, currently abdera home page shows the atom logo, have you thought on
> change it?
>
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Dan Diephouse <dan.diephouse@mulesource.com>
wrote:

>  Hi David,
>
> Sure!
>
> So to refresh on how Apache & Confluence work, we have the actual
> confluence install here - I'm not sure that you need to get this going
> on your local machine. And then this gets exported here -http://cwiki.apache.org/ABDERA/.
>
> This exporting is done via the auto-export plugin. What we need to do is
> tweak the auto-export configuration to use a reasonable template. I
> think this can be done here:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/admin/autoexport/configuration.action
>
> In essence all one needs to do is go to "edit template" then paste in
> something appropriate. My idea was that maybe we could steal the
> ApacheDS template and tweak the color scheme/logo a bit? I'm open to
> anything else you're willing to do though. My main concern at this point
> is that there is no navigation bar on the exported site. And of course
> the big secondary concern is its sort of ugly :-)
>
> Some random notes:
> * You may need special permissions to do this. If so, email me your JIRA
> username and I'll arrange that.
> * I'm not sure that you need to get Confluence going on your local
> machine. Its ok if our site looks bad for a little bit while someone
> sorts it out. If its going to be any extended period of time you can
> always hit "Restore Default" for the Abdera auto-export configuration.
> * Once you change a template you can reexport the Abdera space on the
> autoexport configuration page.
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> - Dan
>
> David Calavera wrote:
>

>  Hey Dan,
>
> I've installed confluence but I don't know how to start. I'm not sure if

>  can work with the default templates or I should work with a specific
>

>  one.
>

>  Can you help me?
>
> Regards
>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:53 AM, David Calavera <
>

>  david.calavera@gmail.com>
>

>  wrote:
>

>  I've readed something about confluence, I suppose you want to export a
> html template from a site. I think I could do it but any help is
>

>  welcome.
>

>  On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Dan Diephouse <dan.diephouse@mulesource.com>
wrote:

>  Anyone out there willing to help put together a confluence template
> together for us? Our generated site looks kinda ugly at the moment...

We would probably want a slightly