abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Gendron" <r...@arrova.ca>
Subject RE: Entity/DTO serialization in entry.content
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:26:12 GMT

BTW, for those of you interested in how I introspect my domain object
interfaces... I only patched two classes (JavaBeanInterfaceConverter and
BeanInterfaceProvider) that came with XTream to support JavaBean
introspection thru their interfaces instead of looking directly at the
pojos. The code is horrible and could be rewritten cleanly but I didn't have
the time to do it.

R.

-----Original Message-----
From: Remy Gendron [mailto:remy@arrova.ca]
Sent: March 07, 2008 09:40
To: abdera-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Entity/DTO serialization in entry.content

I totally dislike JAXB because of all this XML schema stuff. It is probably
the way to go however to cover all the use cases but, I will architect my
project to use convention in naming my domain object fields so that
reflection can be used to serialize the pojo into entry.content.

If you look at my XStream extensions, I actually serialize what is
accessible thru the interfaces implemented by the domain objects. And I only
deserialize writable 'javabean' properties.

But I do agree that Abdera should reward those who follow some sort of
Abdera conventions by automating as much of the work of mapping data between
the persistence store, Abdera and the HTTP client.

R.