abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Gendron" <r...@arrova.ca>
Subject RE: Entity/DTO serialization in entry.content
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 14:39:31 GMT
I totally dislike JAXB because of all this XML schema stuff. It is probably
the way to go however to cover all the use cases but, I will architect my
project to use convention in naming my domain object fields so that
reflection can be used to serialize the pojo into entry.content.

If you look at my XStream extensions, I actually serialize what is
accessible thru the interfaces implemented by the domain objects. And I only
deserialize writable 'javabean' properties.

But I do agree that Abdera should reward those who follow some sort of
Abdera conventions by automating as much of the work of mapping data between
the persistence store, Abdera and the HTTP client.

R.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Diephouse [mailto:dan.diephouse@mulesource.com]
Sent: March 07, 2008 02:42
To: abdera-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Entity/DTO serialization in entry.content

I've been thinking about this some more today. I'd really like to write
some code like this:

Entry entry = ....;
entry.addElement(new JAXBElement(myJaxbPojo));

Then when the entry is serialized, it would call out to JAXB and marshal
the "myJaxbPojo" object using an XMLStreamWriter. Anyone have any
pointers as to how to actually achieve this?

Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource