abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Abdera 0.4.0-incubating
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:06:49 GMT
Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 1:36 AM, Dan Diephouse
> <dan.diephouse@mulesource.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>>  Apologies for the delay, but I've finally pushed out a 0.4.0-incubating release
to the staging repositories. This is a vote to release it! You can find the relevant artifacts
below.

>>  Binary distributions:
>>
>>  http://people.apache.org/~dandiep/abdera-take1/org/apache/abdera/abdera-distribution/0.4.0-incubating/abdera-distribution-0.4.0-incubating.zip
>>  http://people.apache.org/~dandiep/abdera-take1/org/apache/abdera/abdera-distribution/0.4.0-incubating/abdera-distribution-0.4.0-incubating.tar.gz
>>
>>  Source distributions:
>>
>>  http://people.apache.org/~dandiep/abdera-take1/org/apache/abdera/abdera-distribution/0.4.0-incubating/abdera-distribution-0.4.0-incubating-src.zip
>>  http://people.apache.org/~dandiep/abdera-take1/org/apache/abdera/abdera-distribution/0.4.0-incubating/abdera-distribution-0.4.0-incubating-src.tar.gz
>>

> Why does our source distribution ship a jar file?
>
> $ find . -name \*.jar
> ./adapters/couchdb/repository/couchdb4j-0.1.2.jar
>
> That seems kind of sketchy...

There is no maven repository with the jar in it. I've been meaning to
get it up on the real maven repository, but simply ran out of time.
> Also, why do we extract into directories with different names from
> what the tar or zip files are called?  That's kind of weird.

Good point - I will rename them so they start with "apache-".

Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource