abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Abdera 0.4.0-incubating
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 04:18:39 GMT
Just a couple of things...

1. Wrong version in the org.apache.abdera.util.Version class... expected
"v0.4.0-incubating" was "v0.4.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT"

2. Need to add a few more items to the release notes in the README

    * New StreamWriter interface for fast Atom document serialization
    * Improved Unicode performance for IRI implementation
    * URI Template Support
    * HTML Parser

3. Distribution layout is very nice. Great job!

4. We really really really need to work on the documentation for the
next release.

5. We need to point out somewhere that the JDK 1.4.2 build is not
included in the distribution.  If folks want the 1.4.2 jars, they will
need to build from source.  With the Ant build, that's fairly simple.
I'm not sure how to do it with the Maven build.

- James